Working at Argent Energy is an opportunity to develop, to grow and a place to optimally develop your career. We offer a varied working environment where you can grow both personally and professionally. Argent Energy is a waste-based biodiesel producer with three operational locations in Scotland, England and the Netherlands. With the production of biofuel, Argent Energy wants to make a direct contribution to the global fight against climate change! We set ourselves the goal of expanding our organizational structure with short and direct lines (inter) nationally. To achieve this, we want to expand our team in the commercial department with a role for a:
Feedstock Development Manager | full time
As the Feedstock Development Manager at Argent Energy you are responsible for sourcing, developing and managing a pipeline of new (and often underdeveloped) raw materials from waste streams with the purpose of increasing new sustainable feedstock options for Argent’s biofuel facilities.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Establish a pipeline of new feedstock opportunities;
• Assess technical and commercial feasibility of newly presented feedstock options by coordinating with internal stakeholders and external regulatory departments;
• Negotiate and close new feedstock supply contracts;
• Build and leverage on an international network of individuals, companies and NGO’s that provide valuable information on market and technology;
• Support new investment initiatives including new pre-treatment technology;
• Liaise closely with internal stakeholders to ensure feedstocks are fit for purpose, sustainable and delivered on time and with the right specifications;
• Keep up to date with all relevant legislative drivers within biofuels sector to ensure that Argent are able to exploit market for new sources of feedstock.
Business Development Activities:
• Undertake strategic study of all available low cost feedstock materials from waste streams;
• Support the trade team by assessing new opportunities that are presented;
• Liaise with Sustainability team to ascertain new feedstock status;
• Assess and understand the trade-offs for certain types of feedstock that impact biodiesel and by-products (glycerine / waste streams / BFO);
• Pursue collaborative trials with customers/suppliers of feedstock. Write trial proposals, project manage trial loads, and write final reports;
• Exploit business development opportunities, raising company profile and getting new business contacts within multiple waste industry sectors;
• Attend conferences, events, expo’s, shows and presentations to raise company profile, build customer relationships and exploit potential business opportunities;
• EU funding/grant applications as appropriate and in conjunction with the Business Support functions.
The Trading Team is responsible for the purchase of raw materials and chemicals and the sale of products (biodiesel, biofuels, bio-glycerin and bio-fertilisers). The team consists of Head of Trade, 3 (Senior) Traders, Book Manager and 2 Business Development Analysts and this role. The working language in this department is English.
You recognize yourself in the following competencies: attention to detail, ambitious, quality-conscious, financially analytical, commercial and a team player. You also bring:
What do we Offer?
Interested? Send us your resume and motivation letter in English today!
To respect the GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without permission. That is why we strongly recommend that you apply directly through our work-at site. Applications by e-mail will not be taken into consideration in this context.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Then contact Richard Witte (HR Manager). Richard can be reached by phone at 020-2192930.