Working at Argent Energy is an opportunity to develop, to grow and a place to optimally develop your career. We offer a varied working environment where you can grow both personally and professionally. Argent Energy is a waste-based biodiesel producer with three operational locations in Scotland, England and the Netherlands. With the production of biofuel, Argent Energy wants to make a direct contribution to the global fight against climate change! We set ourselves the goal of expanding our organizational structure with short and direct lines (inter)nationally. To achieve this, we want to expand our team in the Finance department with a role for a:
Management Accountant (FP&A) | full time
The main purpose of the Management Accountant role is to produce insightful financial analysis of business performance that can be used to make timely interventions or support commercial decisions. Working as part of a team, this role will contribute to the production of consolidated reports and regular forecasts of expected outcomes for the group. The Management Accountant will play a part in the annual budgeting process, collating data from business partners to create a budget that supports the business goals and long-term strategy.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Working with assigned business partners to develop an understanding of departmental goals, then translating these into financial targets and budgets.
• Building the annual budget for nominated departments and securing buy-in from key stakeholders.
• Producing regular reforecasts using business knowledge of current performance trends.
• Gathering data for the production of longer-term forecasting.
• Generating standardised management reports that provide insightful performance analysis in a timely manner.
• Assist with the preparation of presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company.
• Carrying out financial analysis to investigate deviations from target performance, working with the business partners to initiate timely interventions.
• Gaining a deep understanding of the cost levers underpinning financial performance and sharing this with business partners to initiate improvements where possible.
• Developing skills to utilise the ERP system and other supporting tools to automate as much reporting as possible, freeing up more time for analysis.
• Modelling business cases based on input from colleagues with technical and commercial responsibilities, providing well documented transparent input assumptions and output results.
• Meeting with business partners on a regular basis to build successful relationships, resulting in better business knowledge and increased commercial acumen.
• Collaborating with other team members to maintain a high performing finance function.
• Seeking opportunities to continually develop skills and management accounting expertise.
The Finance Team is organized in two teams. The Financial Control team is responsible for a wide range of financial control activities, including annual reporting, month end close, cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable and fixed assets accounting. The Management Accounting team is responsible for all financial business support and financial planning and analysis. The team is based in the headquarter in Stanlow (England) and in Amsterdam (Netherlands). The working language in this department is English.
• Qualified or part-qualified in a recognised accountancy qualification.
- Approximately 5 years relevant experience;
- Management accounting experience gained in a process manufacturing industry e.g. chemicals or oils;
- Experience of working with business partners in an engineering or production management role.
• Previous use of ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle;
• Experience of using alternative data warehousing or reporting tools such as Hyperion, Power BI or others;
• Use of all Microsoft Office packages with strong Excel skills.
• Good communication skills – able to interpret complex financial data and explain it simply.
• Evidence of initiative – self-starter, developing new ways of reporting or analysing data.
• Analytical skills – comfortable working with large amounts of data from multiple sources.
• Interpersonal skills – able to form successful working relationships.
• Reporting skills – produce quality analysis or output that is meaningful to recipients.
• Ability to operate calmly under pressure.
What do we Offer?
Interested? Send us your resume and motivation letter in English today!
To respect the GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without permission. That is why we strongly recommend that you apply directly through our work-at site. Applications by e-mail will not be taken into consideration in this context.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Please contact Richard Witte (HR Manager). Richard can be reached by phone at 020-2192930.